Elke-Sekonde-Tel op Facebook - Kliek op die Sonneblom en "Volg" ons Blad!!!

Maandag 14 Maart 2016

People can be so unkind

As a working female... I was part of the corporate world... paid well...worked hard. Even then, having a career was underestimated by some people. Judged for the time you did not spend with your family. The time you did not spend barefoot in front of the stove. Even though,  working for your family.

I also had my failures but I managed a stressful, challenging day job, over-time and a few side businesses. A colleague once called me superwoman. I was just busy, blooming, not really superwomen. I just liked assisting people. This never made me rich, but I could survive, and bring more than necessary to the table. This made me super tired, but it was super worth every second... I helped people, I was needed.

Now I am on the other side of the fence.

It is a pity that many people do not value work-at-home mothers (WAHM'S) as well.

You see, I frequently get the hurtful comments:
what do you do all day/you sit at home the whole day/you are on holiday every day/start a business.

This is so judgemental and so not true. I have to hold back the urge to kick someone in the face if they start with something like that.

You see, I work 7 days a week for this family. My hours are not 9 to 5. No, they are before sunrise until sunset, and even later. Currently, I cannot afford a maid, I am the maid.

I am educated, I have various qualifications and experience, behind my "shabby housewife" appearance. But still, I organise children, dress them, feed them, pray with them, transport them, pack lunch boxes and suitcases, potty train and teach them to write. In the afternoons from 12h00 I am their teacher, their playmate, their support system. I help with homework. Finding missing crayons. Feed them. Love them.

Between all this... I do washing, I hang washing, I take off washing, I iron washing.

I do dishes, clean floors on my knees, vacuum clean, help lost toys find their way to the bin, clean toilets.

I  am the gardener. The weeds won't take care of themselves.

Still, when my husband gets home I need to be cheerful about how my day was, and give him something nice to eat.

And, remember, I do not get paid a cent... NO salary range of R/N$18 000 - 25 000 per month before deductions, (which is quite an average market related salary for a full day jobber) because ... I sat at home and did nothing ;-)

Thank the Lord, for a husband, that appreciates my effort and values me. Even though, the world may judge me, for my family - I am needed. Loved.

Hats off to all the WHAM's out there. I never realised how valuable you are!

{TG}

Geen opmerkings nie:

Plaas 'n opmerking

Featured post

Nie goed genoeg nie!

  Stelling A: "You were born... pre-approved" Glo jy dit?  Stelling B: "You were unsuccessful..." Jy kán nie, jy is nie ...