Elke-Sekonde-Tel op Facebook - Kliek op die Sonneblom en "Volg" ons Blad!!!

Dinsdag 31 Mei 2016

Are your kids best friends?

Hello Tersia,

I am the oldest of 3 kids and I always seemed to be the peacemaker between the younger two. I realize now that it's because I don't really like confrontation. I much prefer everyone to be happy and enjoying themselves.

I remember my parents saying "Your sister and brother will be your best friends for ever." I can't say I believed it at the time, but now I do.

Though I live countries away from them, I communicate regularly and my sister and I talk at least weekly on the phone.
Now I am the one telling my kids "Your sister and brother will be your best friends for ever."
Somedays though it's even hard for me to believe.
Our 5 kids spread over a span of 8 years. They're pretty close in age, sometimes too close for comfort.
Hero and I had been praying and searching for ways to teach them to speak with kindness and to show love in words and actions to their siblings. We didn't want their childish fights to become life-long scars in their relationships.

And then we found My Brother's Keeper by Kim Sorgius

Sibling Bible Study

Kim is a single homeschool mom of 4 elementary aged kids who was having the same issues we were.

She wrote My Brother's Keeper as a family Bible study that takes you through God's plan for families, relationships and studies other sibling relationships in the Bible.

It has been so great to see the light come on in our kids eyes as we discuss what we're learning. And to hear them stop short and reconsider their words when they're frustrated or upset with one another.

The youth version is great for older kids and teens to work independently but it can also be used in conjunction with the junior version as a family Bible study. There are printable worksheets and discussion questions to help you drive home the Truths from God's Word. I really can't recommend it enough.

You can read my full review of it here: http://paradisepraises.com/help-siblings-get-along/

If you have kids at home and would like to get this study, or if you'd like to gift it to a family you know, you can get it at Not Consumed.

Many blessings!
Katie

Geen opmerkings nie:

Plaas 'n opmerking

Featured post

Nie goed genoeg nie!

  Stelling A: "You were born... pre-approved" Glo jy dit?  Stelling B: "You were unsuccessful..." Jy kán nie, jy is nie ...